Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reel Club Oakbrook IL

I wanted to share some info I found out while dining at a restaurant last night. It was the first time I went to the Reel Club in Oakbrook. It is next to Maggianos. After gobbling up some yummy rolls I asked our server Olga if they had a gluten free menu. And the typical questions after..does the entire staff know about GF and the cross contamination issues and etc. She went on and on how everyone is trained. And when an allergy request is made, there are several steps taken all the way to the way its entered in the system to different tags placed on the order. She said they take it very seriously! They do not have a special menu but can go over everything that you can eat, or modify what you would like. The grouper I had was awesome and the fillet my daughter had was GREAT! Then she told me something that just about knocked my socks off. The rolls we are eating are GLUTEN FREE! They hand make them there..tapioca flour and such. WOW..I told her I would be bringing my hubby in (David) to eat here for sure! She sent me home with 7 rolls for David to try. HE LOVED THEM! If you go, ask for her, she was nice and knew it all. Although she tells me they all are well versed on this. Its not cheap but not really expensive. You can see the menu on line. She told me the roll recipe was on line but I couldn't find it. I emailed them for it. I will post it when I get it! Ok..happy eating!