Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!! Thanks to everyone who was able to make it to the meeting last Saturday. A big thanks to Doug Will from 2 Fools Cider for coming out and talking to us about their awesome cider and company! To those of you who were not able to make it – they are based in Naperville, on Quincy St. They do have a tasting room so you can go and enjoy tasting all of the different flavors they offer – here are the hours that they are open:
I am thinking this would make a great “field trip” later in the year – what do you think???
Also, wanted to send big thanks to World Finer Foods for sending us the wonderful samples of Wellaby’s Crackers. I do have extras – so I will bring those to share with everyone in September.
I found this recipe on the wineandglue.com website - looks so yummy and tempting. Maybe I will be adventurous and makes them for our next meeting....
Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs
• 1 box of brownie mix and the ingredients it takes to make them
• ¾ cup chocolate frosting
• 15 oz almond bark – melted according to package instructions
• 1 jar of maraschino cherries
1. Bake the brownies as directed and let cool completely.
2. Crumble the made brownies and mix in about ¾ a cup of chocolate frosting. You may need to add a little more, but you want to start out on the low side and add more frosting if you need it.
3. Once you have it the consistency needed (stays together easily but isn’t too sticky to roll into balls), start with about 1 ½ TBSP of mixture and form it into a ball, but then make a hole in the middle so that you can drop one cherry into it
4. Either try folding the brownie ball in over the cherry or top with a little more of the mixture to seal the cherry in
5. Once all have been made – place them into the freezer for about 20 minutes
6. After 20 minutes, melt the almond bark and take brownie bombs out of the freezer and put into the refrigerator to keep them cold. Working one bomb at a time, drop it into the melted almond bar……tap off the excess chocolate and then place it on wax paper to dry completely.
Have a great week and will see you in September!!