For those of you who had requested the Pat's Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe from Nancy's party...
Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken DipYields: 20 servingsIngredients:
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of light cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia is gluten-free)
- 1 cup of light Ranch dressing (Kraft is gluten free)
- ¾ cup pepper sauce, such as Franks Red hot
- 1 ½ cups shredded 2% milk cheddar cheese (fat free cheese doesn’t melt well, so it is not recommended in this dish
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- Tortilla Chips (Tostitos are gluten free)Directions:
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and cook until melted.
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers. **This could also be made by placing the heated mixture into a baking dish & baking at 350 for 30 – 40 minutesIf you happen to have any leftovers, this will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.Here are some leftover ideas:
- Place a scoop or 2 of dip in a gluten free wrap, such as La Tortilla Factory Light or Dark Teff, and grill or heat in a frying pan like a quesadilla
- Make a “grilled cheese” type sandwich
- Place a scoop or 2 on a bed of mixed greens or spinach
- Place dip on a toasted gluten free bagel or roll & broil until hot & melty
- Mix dip in with some cooked pasta or brown rice