Monday, February 15, 2016

Gluten Free Cheese Cake Crust

2 cups Gluten Free Corn Chex Crumbs
1/2 cup Ground Pecans
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Sugar


Stir together Chex crumbs and pecans to combine.  Add butter stirring and mashing out lumps until mixture is consistent. Mix in sugar. Food processor would be great for this.



Thank you to Steve Buresh's Cheesecake Store & Sandwich Shop 14210 S Route 30, Plainfield IL 60544 Corner of 143rd & Route 30, Behind Family Video 815-267-6785 Mon.-Sat. 11am-8pm




I stopped by the Cheesecake Store to pick up a Famous Cheesecake Jar for my husband, (wheat eater).  I noticed a section of Gluten Free Cheesecake jars.  When I inquired about the kitchen and food prep regarding cross contamination, I was told very clearly the product is NOT safe for Celiac's. I was told the kitchen space is small and cross contamination was a real possibility.  I was so grateful for the honest answer.  Truly a company that is concerned about the health and well being of people.
The manager was so kind she shared their recipe with me so I could make them at home. The Cheesecake Jar is highly recommended for non-Celiac's, it makes a great gift.